In Praise of Elder Dogs

This blog is created in celebration of the elder dogs, of any breed, who've touched our hearts. You are invited to add your own reflections, or, if you wish, track the progress of your own elder dogs. ("Elder," BTW, is defined here as 10 years or more, except in breeds known for shorter lifespans, such as the Great Dane.) Send your stories and photos to me at branta(at)cebridge.net.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Hunt, Texas, United States

I've been privileged to share my life with five unforgettable Cavalier King Charles Spaniels. This blog was inspired by Cooper, my first, whose indominatable bright spirit triumphed over his limitations. Every day of his life, till the very end, he woke joyously, happy to greet the day. I would wish the same for all of us!

Sunday, February 19, 2006

Interesting, Indeed

Just for the record, it's now 3:15 a.m. and we have experienced two further episodes of lower GI tract expulsion phenomena since the one last recorded here. There's a knee-high pile of bath towels on the bathroom floor and one very wet, tired doggie who doesn't understand what's happening to him. I've given up trying to sleep and pulled out one of my favorite English "cozy village" mysteries and will devote the rest of the morning to that, since there doesn't seem to be any point in trying to sleep around here if one is not of the canine persuasion.

We will make the best of this. And, on Monday, phone to thank the Vet Tech who's dealt with so many of these adventures lately while I was abroad. Must remember, too, to thank my husband, who has never before lived with "indoor" or geriatric or special-needs dogs, and never had children. So we, with all our stacks of bath towels and pungently scented emissions are indeed something new to him, but he's taking it with fortitude and grace. Lucky for us, he spent much of his career in or near chemical plants....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home